Monday, June 22, 2009

1st Fathers Day

Yesterday, being my very first Fathers day, was my day to pick out itinerary. Naturally, with my newly healed shoulder (more on that later) we went down to San O' for some surfin! It was crossed up NW/SW swell with light onshore winds to make it nice and choppy, but it fell great to be in the water. I went out once a little over a week ago, which was my first time since I hurt my shoulder almost 3 months ago! Anyone who surfs knows that after that long out of the water, any waves are great waves.




Since my shoulder still feels tender I'm using the longboard just while I get back into the swing of things. I feel awkward having been out of the water for so long, but am not having much a a problem. Maybe next time I'll take the fish just so I don't make the longboard a crutch and forget how to ride shorter boards!

Laura and Levi hung out on the beach and played. I'm extremely proud of Levi's appetite for sand, (see picture below)

Hope all you dads had a great Fathers Day as well. Never forget that you are 100% vital to the well-being of your family, and take your responsibility seriously.

0 comments: