Friday, May 8, 2009

Fatherhood

I have another article up at The Outdoor Parent. Its a re-do of one of my earlier posts on Fatherhood.

It’s 5 o’clock in the morning - time for dawn patrol. The surf is going to be good. Offshore winds are cleaning up a fresh combination swell sweeping in from the North and South. There’s going to be a-frame peaks up and down my local beach break giving chest-high right and left hand awesomeness to all takers. Which board should I take? What’s the water temperature? All I can imagine is that first wave. How it will instantaneously wash away all the stress and worries I’ve been accumulating since I was last out. Stoked!



WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!



A mini eruption blasts out of the bassinet next to my bed and shatters the ethereal silence of the morning....

Read the rest at the Outdoor Parent

0 comments: